Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Another Glitch in the adoption...

It has been a while since I blogged.  I guess we have been busy with summer happenings?  I don't know.  I keep telling those that ask about our summer that we have transitioned from being a family with little kids, whose summer creeps by slowly (and often times I would watch the clock and look for something to fill our moments)....to a family with bigger kids who have A LOT going on.  There was NEVER a feeling of boredom (unfortunately).  The kids have practices, friends, swim meets, baseball games, parties, sleep-overs, trips, vacations, agendas...for EVERY day.  I am working hard to bring us back to a sense of normal living around here, now that we are gearing up for our school year.  But it has been difficult to restructure, actually to structure AT ALL, our last few days of summer.

Jackson will start attending classes at our homeschool program, Hilger Higher Learning, this year.  We are excited to see how our program "feels" to the actual homeschool parents.  We have looked at it from a bird's eye view for 13 years now, so it will be fun to experience it first hand this year.

Other than Hilger classes, Jackson and Kenzie (and Brooks) will be at home with me doing traditional homeschool.  Jackson will be spreading his wings of independence in 3rd grade.  Kenzie will be working hard to solidify her reading skills and doing a mix of 1st and 2nd grade work.  And Brooks is already on his way to brilliance. =) The other day, as he was sitting on the couch reading a book, I asked him to hop in the car for us to leave.  He replied, "I can't mommy.  I am memrizin' my culus (colors).  Bue (blue).  Bwack (black).  Gween (green)."  My eyebrows raised.  Aaahhh!  At least ONE of my children will sit down with a book without being forced to!

So, on to adoption news.  Sigh.  We found out that Kervens' birthfather has to come in, yet again, and take part in a social history interview.  Because he is on the birth certificate, he will have to come to Port-au-Prince and do this interview.  Getting him to come in from a couple of hours away is quite a task.  The orphanage has not succeeded in bringing him in yet.  So, our paperwork has stalled out.  We were hoping our paperwork would enter IBESR in July.  And it cannot enter IBESR until this interview is done.  So, we wait.  And we pray.

We are hearing that some adoptions are getting through the Haiti side of things in about 13 months - barring any complications (like ours).  So, it is certainly not looking good for Kervens coming home this Christmas.  My goodness, so maybe we are hoping for NEXT Christmas?  UUGH!  Good thing I get to see him in October!

This is such a helpless feeling.

But I KNOW the truth.  My God is in control.


2 comments:

Tiff said...

I read a blog recently that comments on the thing we Christians love to say: God never gives us more than we can handle. This lady said (and I think I agree): Not so! He gives us way more than we can handle all the time...but handles it Himself. We will keep being the squeaky wheels to the Lord on your behalf.

Audra said...

Oh, Carlee! I am praying!!!! Still praying for miracles for THIS Christmas!!!