Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our Sweet Boy

We are here in Haiti again, loving on our little guy, Kervens. It has been such a fun two days so far. Angie met us at the airport with Kervens on her hip. We walked down a long corridor to meet them at the van, and as I saw them ahead, I began to run. As I got closer to them, my heart was racing with excitement, yet I tried to contain myself so that I would not scare Kervens. I never know if he is going to remember me from 4 months ago. As I slowly approached, he began to lean way out to reach for me. I held him tightly as the Haitian crowd surrounding us smiled. I was not very aware of them because I was in complete bliss...holding my boy again.

He has grown so much! He is taller and bigger and heavier...and potty trained!! What?! Not even kidding. He tells me every single time he has to go. Not one accident yet. Unbelievable.

He is sleeping with us here at the hotel...a new experience for us as we usually stay in the tent at the orphanage. We absolutely LOVE it! We get to have some quiet time with Kervens, sleep with him, wake up to him, eat every meal with him, and swim with him. It has been so fun.

The team has been amazing! They are troopers. They have jumped in with their whole heart, and they are loving the nannies and the children well.

















- Posted by Carlee, using my iPad

3 comments:

kate tolson said...

love this! love the one of him SMILING on your shoulder! thanks for the update. I'm praying!

Anonymous said...

Precious! what a face.

Krista

jennilynnw said...

Oh, how I love to see you loving on your boy! So glad you get to experience the hotel. Enjoy your visit. Enjoy every blissful moment.