Monday, May 2, 2011

Drum Roll, Please....

Well, we got an email from the President of the orphanage early this morning (Monday).  It said the following..."We would like to set up a time to talk with you and Carlee over the phone.  We have some news concerning Kervens."

Of course, my heart sank.  This does not sound good.  It was noon and our scheduled phone conversation was not until 3:00 PM.  UUGH!

I began to get angry.  I knew what was coming.  I just knew they were going to tell us that his birthfather had changed his mind.  I began questioning God and wondering why He did not want Kervens in our family.  It just seems so right.  But if I am learning anything as I read through the Bible (I am only in Leviticus), it is this...GOD DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO ME ALL THE TIME.  No, let me rephrase that.  He does not make sense to me ALOT of the time as I am reading through scripture.  He just does crazy things that I can't wrap my mind around.

But that is why HE is GOD.  His ways are higher than my ways.  His thoughts are higher than my thoughts.  And that is a darn good thing!  =)

But, I'll be honest, I was not a happy camper from 12-3:00 PM.  I was short with the kids.  Short with Eddy.  Mad.  Mad.  Mad.

So, 3:00 PM comes.  Pierre and Kim get on the phone and begin to explain that Kervens' birthfather is asking for the freedom to contact us and/or visit Kervens if he (the birthfather) ever comes to the states.

What?  That's it?  Has he signed the paper yet?

YES!  HE HAD ALREADY SIGNED THE PAPER!

We could not believe our ears!!

All the birthfather is asking for is the freedom to come see Kervens "some day"... if he ever comes to the United States.

So, Kim and Pierre had to run that by us to make sure that was ok with us.  Which, of course was ok with us!  (Sure wish they had given us a heads up on it being GOOD news they had to discuss with us - instead of scaring me to death!)

But we are thrilled!  He signed!  He is agreeable to us adopting Kervens.  (Let's pray that it stays that way until we get through the court proceedings in Haiti).

So, we are moving forward.  Our documents are getting translated this week, and then our papers get sent to the consulate in Miami.  Then, off to Haiti they go!

5 comments:

sasha parker said...

Yeah!!!! Praise the Lord! I had a hard time not skipping to the end of your post to see the news! We will keep praying! Our papers get sent to Ethiopia this week also! So excited for you all!

Anonymous said...

YES!!

krista

The Heald Family said...

Awesome!!!!

kate tolson said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!!! I'm so happy for you all and for Kervens!

Joel and Katie said...

Amazing news! Will keep praying for all of you!!