Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter Blessings














I sure hope there will be a precious black face added to our Easter pictures next year!

We are getting word that the adoption paperwork is moving quickly through the courts in Haiti.  That is, it is moving quicker than it did "pre-earthquake".  So, that is good news.

I was getting my hopes up that we might have a shot at getting Kervens home by Christmas.  That has been our prayer from the very beginning.  But, after talking to the "powers at be", that know a heck of a lot more than I do about Haitian adoptions, I realize that is probably not going to happen.  

But I can pray, right?  

Well, I'm gonna.  

Our dossier gets sent to Haiti in about two weeks.  Then, and only then, does the clock begin to tick.  "Pre-earthquake", they were saying about two years before you bring your child home.  UUGH!  

Now, "post-earthquake", we are hoping for the timeframe to be shaved down to a year.  We hope.  

No comments: