Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Kervens!

I am so sorry that I can't be with you today.

To hold you.

To tickle you.

To see you smile.

To tell you how much you mean to us.

To tell you that you are special.

To tell you that you are not just another child in an orphanage somewhere.

You were knit into our hearts 7 months ago.

Our lives will never be the same.

For some STRANGE reason our Heavenly Father thinks you should be in Haiti for a little while longer.

Hold on buddy!

I wish I could be there.

To throw you a party.

To watch you eat cake.

To watch your eyes dance at the sight of the balloons.

I wish I could kiss your chocolate face.

I promise you...when we have you in our arms for good, we will throw some serious parties to make up for the ones we missed!

My heart aches at the thought of it just being "another day at the orphanage".

Will anyone celebrate you?

Will anyone tell you how precious you are?

You have changed our lives and we really don't even know you.

Who are you?

What will you become?

How will you impact the world?

Will you love Jesus with all of your heart?

Will you be ok with the fact that we adopted you and brought you to this strange country?

Happy 2nd Birthday little fella.

We love you.

From way over here.

We love you so much!

Hang in there!

We're coming!





No comments: