Friday, June 10, 2011

And We're Off...

Finally, the day has arrived.  I have been having major Christmas feeling yippee skippees for the past week as the day of our Haiti trip approaches.  Finally, it is here.  We leave tomorrow morning and will arrive at the orphanage around 3:30 PM.  I absolutely can't WAIT to hold that baby boy... and give him birthday presents, and tell him about his brothers and sister, and kiss his mulloscum filled face.  (If you have never heard of molluscum, it is a virus that spreads easily to children.  Kervens didn't have a chance since he lives with 82 other kids! The virus usually runs its course in 6-12 months, according to my google search.  It shows up in the form of worts, which just so happens to be showing up on Kervens' face.  Lovely.)

What an adorable little man!
I totally photo-shopped the worts off his face.  Seriously.  I am not afraid.  

We signed our referral for him yesterday.  YAY! It feels very official and very real.  We can go down there and not hesitate to call ourselves his mama and daddy!  The strings that bind our hearts to our children are definitely tightening up for me.  It is going to be harder than I can even imagine to leave him on Thursday.

And to top it all off, we are going on this trip with 12 amazing friends.  I can't believe that some of my great friends will get to meet Kervens.  Our group is going to become very close since we are all sleeping in the same tent!  That is going to be interesting.  Our husbands better behave!

I will post some pics on the blog once I get there.

No comments: