Sunday, June 26, 2011

Why Do I Love Him...Let Me Count The Ways!


How do you like my Christmas ornament wrapping paper?  Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.  It was the best I had to offer.  It was a much better choice than pink and purple flowers.  


Sportin' the new Keens!

Daddy going crazy over some new socks.  Such a good daddy.  Kenzie is so proud!




Curlz just like his daddy.

Our homemade ice cream birthday cake goolash.  





HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDDY!  Below you will find just a few of the many reasons why I think this man is the greatest man alive...

1. He is the most fun dad on the planet!  He simply cannot pass up a request to play "horsey" or "tickle monster".

2. He is growing in his passion for the kingdom of God.  His quote lately is this, "Am I building my own kingdom around here...or God's kingdom?"

3. He is becoming a respected leader in our community.  Which is a huge step up from being referred to as a "PUNK" by many of his old friends back in college.

4. He is getting more and more handsome every year!

5. He has our family business running like a well-oiled machine.  Hmmm.  Funny that I never heard anyone refer to our business in this manner when I was in charge.  Hmmm.

6. I call him grandpa around here - always pulling out the sweet treats and special surprises for the kids.

7. He has the patience of a SAINT!!!  The exact opposite of me.  Opposites attract, right?

8. He loves me well.

9. He is a spiritual leader who leads by example and service to others.

10. He has the best almost-forty-year-old body I have ever seen.  I'm just sayin'!  =)



Brooks decided to try his hand at some photography...

Not bad for a barely three year old! 



A bit scary...



Then Kenzie took a turn...


Our sweet little Miko.  A gift from God.  Brought to us by way of the pound two years ago.  This dog is about as low maintenance as they come!



Notice that canines rank much higher on Kenzie's priority list than do humans!   Not a surprise to us that know her.  As a matter of fact, I have started forcing her to repeat after me..."Humans are more important than animals!"  Not kidding!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I love it when the kids take pics. I need to let mine do it more.