Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Kervinator













OH MY WORD! What a day so far. And it is only 1:15 PM. Time just creeps along here in Haiti. Those of you that have been here understand what I mean. You can think it is lunch time and it is only 9:00 in the morning.

We have good news to share! Kervens' birth mom came in for the social history interview this morning. I got to spend most of the morning with her and Kervens, and it was really fun. A LOT less dramatic and emotional than our first meeting. She is practically a child herself. So timid and shy. So beautiful. I got to ask her all of the questions that have been swirling around in my head.

Because she came in and did the interview, we get to proceed with our Haitian court appointment tomorrow and our U.S. Embassy appointment on Thursday! This is really great news!!!

Ok, so let me just tell you about the Kervinator! He is an absolute WILD MAN!!! Like, seriously, I am in awe of his energy. He has more joy comin' out of his body than any person I have ever seen. He has absolutely come ALIVE this trip. He takes, snatches, runs, laughs, squeals, steals, throws, jumps, climbs, snickers, and laughs some more. All day. I mean, ALL DAY! The boy does not stop. And yet, somewhere in the midst of all of this mischief and joy, there is a really tender heart. Whenever I get on to him, he immediately tries to turn it into a game. And if he can't win me over with his charm and laughter, then he just lays his head on my shoulder and concedes.

I keep saying, "Whoa! This is going to be crazy when he enters the Hilger home. I mean CRAZY!" Like, maybe if I could whisper this I would say, "I am a teensy bit scared."

But I know he was chosen for us. By us. He is ours and there is no going back. I wouldn't want to go back. But let me tell you that there is going to be an entirely new level of sanctification through parenting I am sure. I just THOUGHT parenting was hard. HA! In my mind I keep saying, "You ain't seen nothing yet." I know I will have to rely on the Lord at a deeper level to parent this child. I also know that Kervens Jacques Hilger has more joy oozing out of his pores than any child around. And our Lord can use that kind of joy and energy for His Kingdom. Lookout Mountain, GET READY for the Kervinator!

- Posted by Carlee, using my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Your news is thrilling! You don't need the case study of the father to proceed? Will you need it to go in the IBESR? Can't wait to hear about K's mom and all the questions you got to ask her. If anyone can handle all k's joy it is y-o-u. You are all about fun. Now you'll have someone to help you...:)And remember, he chose you. And now you know why! You are so loved, my daughter.