Saturday, October 29, 2011

Celebrating Jackson

Jackson turned 9 yesterday.  We have had a weekend full of celebrations over this boy.  He asked me tonight if I would lay with him.  I thought to myself, "Better take him up on it, you don't know how many more years you will be asked to lay with him until he falls asleep." As he lay there, we reminisced about his weekend of birthday joy...

TWO new pair of shoes (one high top for basketball and one low top for coolness) - his ULTIMATE gifts!  See the rejoicing below:







A slumber party with 7 crazy 9 year old boys - what WERE we thinking?  Actually they were pretty sweet and fun to have around.  Never mind the fact that we heard voices down in the basement where the boys "supposedly" slept at 2 AM and 6:30 AM.  Not much of a window for sleep there.  Oh, and I think little brother Brooks had the best time of anyone.  See below:





Lots of family members came into town at various times during the week to celebrate Jackson.  He is loved!






Then, of course, there was just some good ole' family lovin' goin' on...







As I prayed over him tonight, I thanked the Lord for this young man who ...

has a HUGE heart for Haiti and Kervens

lights up a room with his smile

can't STAND for me to be upset with him

has such an easy manner about him when it comes to apologizing

makes life so fun for his sister and brother

has a tender heart towards Jesus already

is a dang good athlete (if I do say so myself)

wears the funkiest combinations of clothing we have ever seen

loves people and shoes

can make us laugh so hard that we can't stand up

really enjoys being with us as a family still

looks for ways to be a helpful young man




I told him tonight, "I could not have asked for a better first born son.  I am so proud of you Jackson."

To that he replied, "You mean proud of me in my soccer game today?"

I said, "No, proud of you just for being Jackson. I am proud to be your mom."  He simply smiled his sweet smile and fell asleep in 22 seconds FLAT.  (The sub four hours of sleep maybe catching up with him?)

So, to end this blog, I am posting some pictures of our Jackson this year.  Oh, the many faces of Jackson.
We love you so much!


















No comments: