Monday, March 28, 2011

Fresh Water!

Our "Fresh Water" (AKA Brooks, Bruiser, and Sizzle) just turned three this week!  His name, Brooks, means fresh water, and that is exactly what he is for our family.  When I have a furrowed brow and can't make sense of how to be a mom at the moment, he can walk into a room and make me smile - as if someone just poured fresh water over me on a hot summer day.  He just makes me smile.

He is such a pleasant and fun-loving child.  He is aware of himself and others.  He loves to laugh and play. He loves all things guns and balls.  He just couldn't be more precious to us.  And he is getting to be such a big boy, which he will remind me INSTANTLY if I try to call him my baby.

Brooks posing for a picture.

Watching his brother be silly on the side.

Jackson was the perfect helper in this photo shoot.  He made Brooks laugh lots!

Check out that hair!  Windblown!

Oh, I could just eat him up!

One of these boys actually had their hair combed before the photo shoot.
Can you guess which one?

Such a stud, running away.

My parents went with us to Gatlinburg for the week, so they were able to celebrate Brooks' birthday with us.

Probably his favorite present.  He loves guns.

Daddy working hard on putting the fire truck together. 

Kenzie is always available to help put away some cupcakes!
WE LOVE YOU BROOKS!  THANK YOU FOR BRINGING FRESH WATER TO OUR HOME ON A DAILY BASIS!

No comments: