Saturday, March 12, 2011

We Can't Cry Victory Yet, BUT...

We just received the news we have been waiting to hear. Kervens' birthfather has agreed to him being adopted! He admitted that he did not know how he could care for Kervens alone. Glory be to God. No, I really mean that. GLORY BE TO GOD!



This is such a crazy spiritual warfare journey, unlike anything Eddy and I have experienced before. Just two days ago, I reached my limit of waiting and hoping and praying. I woke up with a sad heart, weepy and emotional. I told the Lord I was tired. Tired of praying the same words over and over and over again. Tired of not knowing ANYTHING. Tired of loving someone "over there". Tired of it all.

And immediately, I pictured the disciples who were in the garden of Gethsemane with Jesus. He told them to keep watch and pray and not fall into temptation. When he returned a while later, they were all asleep! That is totally me! I was tired of praying and I was beginning to fall asleep. He reminded me that the battle is still raging and Kervens is still at the orphanage...don't fall asleep, there is still HOPE and there is still a huge need to PRAY! Even if I feel like I am being redundant. The Holy Spirit intercedes for us on Kervens' behalf.

So, as Pierre put it, "I will not cry VICTORY until he comes to sign the paper. But God is definitely at work!"

So, we are not crying "victory", but we are excited and relieved to have crossed this bridge. We have many more bridges to cross.

Pierre is encouraging the birth father to come in during his Easter break. So, I thought, "Great, Easter is only...6 weeks away? Uugh!" Since when is Easter at the END of April? That is not the timeline I was hoping for. But Pierre wants to be patient with the father.

If there is one thing I am learning through all of this, it is that the Lord's time clock is not on the American timing system. I mean, over here, if we want something, we GET 'ER DONE! This is the ultimate test of my patience. (or lack thereof)


And the relief that I felt when I read that email was very short lived. I was thrilled and excited...and then I immediately went into another mode....Ok, now we have to get him to come in and sign the papers. And then after that, we will breathe a sigh of relief... BUT THEN we have to get through all the Haiti paperwork and acceptance. And then after that, we will breathe a sigh of relief...BUT THEN we have to pray that the country stays open to adoptions and does not pull an Ethiopia on us. (Ethiopia has recently put some TIGHT reigns on adoptions.) ETC. ETC. All fear based statements, I know.

But what great news to start our Saturday.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

That's a smiling through clenched teeth ordeal! No choice but to pray!!!

The Heald Family said...

I am praying with you all through these "BUT THEN's"
Keeping holding on.....Cathy

rbt said...

Still praying, happy for answers as well!