Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Family Portrait

Yesterday Kenzie got into her "art teacher" mode.  She found the only willing student...that would be Brooks...to listen to her commands.  She loves to play teacher and mommy.  Can you tell she likes to be in charge?  Anyway, they worked on different pieces of art for a while, and then she brought me a piece of paper with a big smile on her face.  She said, "Mommy, I drew our family.  You and daddy are over on the side sitting on a picnic blanket, holding your picnic basket.  And all of us kids are standing in a line together.  Oh, and mommy, I had to use the brown crayon for Kervens... cuz he's kinda brown."

I will treasure this first family portrait forever.



And while we are talking about family portraits, check this out!  Now don't gasp too loudly!






I printed this photo and placed it on our refrigerator...even though it feels a little bit like cheating!  Jackson came running by the fridge and stopped dead in his tracks, staring at the picture for a long time.  You could just see the wheels turning... 

"Hey mom, have I ever met Kervens in real life?" he asked. 

"No, why?"  (I was having fun watching him try to figure it out.)  

"Well, us kids haven't really been around him yet, have we?" he continued to press with a very furrowed brow.  

"No, why?"  

"Well, how in the world am I in a picture with him then?"  

I finally explained that Mrs. Angela (a friend of mine) had fun playing around with photoshop and put Kervens in there.  He walked away from the fridge, still staring at the picture... I think he was a little bit freaked out.  If you can't have him at the beach with you yet, just photoshop him in, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the pic in my bookcase and it is so special--but not nearly as special as Kenzie's homemade one. Don't know how Jackson can figure our the pic when noone else can, either. All this makes me so ready for Kervens to get here. Can't imagine how you feel, sweet girl. mom

Anonymous said...

*sniff.
so sweet!

Anonymous said...

uh, that was me, Krista. I don't know how to make an identity at the moment, so I will be "anonymous" for now. :)