Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fevers, Headaches and other reality checks...

After yesterday's post on how we came to start the process of adopting Kervens, I thought I would throw a bit of reality onto this blog.  We have been cooped up in this house now for 12 straight days!  The flu has taken over our home!  UUGH!  It started with Jackson, then Eddy, then Kenzie and Brooks.  I thought I was going to dodge it, but three days ago I came down with it, too.  It appears that I have a lighter form of it, but nonetheless... it stinks to be sick!  I sure thought we were on the mend, but Brooks came down with a fever again yesterday - I think he now has a sinus infection... or maybe ears...or maybe still the flu.  Who the heck knows?  And Kenzie, who I thought was through it, has begun her coughing fits again tonight.  Who let her go out in 30 degree weather and shoot baskets with her new basketball?  Oh, that would be me.  And as for my "lighter form" of the flu...well, let's just say I still feel like a train ran over my back tonight.  Oh, and did I mention this is day number 12?!  This is the first time that I am actually thankful that Kervens is not with us - that he was spared this horrible illness.  We will laugh again soon...right?
Rosemary Beach, October 2010

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Beautiful blog, Carlee! Thanks for letting me know about it! I'm sorry you guys are sick--being housebound is the pits. We hope you get to feeling better soon.

Mary said...

Loved reading about the trip to Haiti! Hope you guys get better soon! -Mary