Sunday, January 23, 2011

An Ultrasound...Sort Of

You know how precious ultrasound pictures are to a pregnant mama?  Well, every picture we receive of Kervens is just that special to us.  We print them off, post them on blogs, carry them around with us, show everyone we know.  They sort of "fill me up" for a couple of weeks.  Here are the most recent pictures of him...





This next picture was taken just before he escaped from his crib.  Apparently, he is known as the escapee around the orphanage.  The nannies resorted to tying his crib closed at night (I liken that to our "tents" that people sometimes put over a crib to keep a child in).  And as the nanny was tying the string on the crib, she began to make up a silly song about him staying in his crib.  She made up the words as she went along.  He just sat there smiling at her while she sang.  Then, as soon as she walked away from the crib, he began to strip off all his clothes and untie the string.  He managed to get out of the crib yet again!  They really don't quite know what to do with him right now.  And it sounds like we are going to have our hands full when we get him, too.  =)  I can't wait to see his cute little smile in person!  





After a few days of enjoying these new pictures, the anxiousness starts to build again.  And I begin to long for a new picture...or a new tid-bit of information about him...or a trip to go see him for heavens sakes.  And our trip is coming...ever-so-slowly, but IT IS coming.  On February 19th, I will travel, accompanied by my mom and 12 others from Chattanooga, to Maison (the orphanage).  It will be almost four months to the day that we traveled back in October and met this precious little guy.  Needless to say, I am counting the days.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey carlee, Your last blog won't let me comment so I'll do it here. I'm longing for more info about your new baby too. February 19 can't seem to come fast enough. Bonswa

Carlee Hilger said...

Just trying out the comment box to see why people end up being anonymous.

Angela said...

I believe it is because they need to register...
LOVE the new pics!

the_blissful_mommy said...

Carlee~
I cannot believe how beautiful your son is. Truly. What a BEAUTIFUL baby!!!!!! I am so excited for you to see him soon!!! We need to catch up - seems our children will have the same skin color...xoxoxox Esty