Monday, January 17, 2011

Oh the Simple Pleasures...of Chocolate!

Brooks woke up from his nap this afternoon and said, "Mommy, we need to make something." I said, "What would you like to make little buddy?" He replied, "Pwably (probably), we need make some bwownies (brownies)." Well, that sounded absolutely delicious to me... and easy (since they came from a box - don't tell Eddy's mom). So, we began our cooking 101 of "bwownies". The next thing I know, Kenzie is there to help. She can smell chocolate from a mile away! I am not making this up when I tell you this...I did not care for chocolate until I gave birth to my daughter. I am not kidding! And she loves it - just like the Hilger side of the family. I think she brought some...oh, I don't know...gene... to me when she came into this world. I know that is absolute Biology teacher heresy...but it is true. =) So, enjoy these pics of our "bwownie" making time...it'll make your mouth water!



HIS mouth is watering...you can almost see the drool that is about to fall off into the bowl of brownie mix.

A team effort!

Oh yea, get it girl!

Caught in the act...not sure if mama is gonna be ok with this.  (I was.)



AAAHHHH!  Nothing like a brownie infested spoon to lick.  

It dawned on me...I have two little ones that follow me around most of the day.  And it shows from the pictures.  Where the heck is Jackson?  Off having fun.  Off playing...playing with friends, playing sports, playing, playing, playing!  His first words in the morning are, "Mom, can so-and-so come over and play today?"  He is too fast to catch on camera during a normal day around here, so I managed to snap a few pics of his indoor soccer game a few nights ago.  Just wanted you all to know he is alive and well - just not around for many family pics.  =)  As I type this, he is down in our basement with three boys screaming and yelling and having...well...FUN!  



He is a good forward, scores lots of goals for his team.  



Not so sure about being goalie...it was a first. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love to cover herpussy in cocolate and lick it all off